So I thought it might be wise to clear out some space in my recently missing head to enable new randomness to come forth. And it dawned on me while thinking about this, why not empty it right here? Perhaps you feel the urge to back away right about now? I understand.
I should actually be clearing away the props in this boat for the same reasons but I just can't make myself do it, so still it sits. and waits...
Head space first. Boat space later.
New aussie blog pal Ness tagged me a couple of weeks back with a request to reveal 6 random facts about myself, and I figure that might be the perfect way to begin the cleansing process. I never get bored of reading other blogger's six random facts and laughing out loud (not at you, with you), but mine never seem as interesting. And let’s be truthful, we've been here a couple of times already since I started this blog. But believe it or not, I did manage to find another 6 random facts about myself that perhaps you didn't already know. You might find them somewhat entertaining, let’s find out…
1. I enjoy having breakfast for dinner. (and i just had breakfast for lunch).
2. There is one lesson I never learn. It is this: piping hot liquids need to be cooled before I put them in my mouth.
Intriguing, non? The amount of times I have burnt my tongue is infinite. I have one rather special friend who is the only person who has noticed -in fact, could even go so far as laying claim to having discovered- this phenomenon. When speaking to him recently, the first question he asked me was, "So, have you burnt your tongue lately?" and the answer was a predictable "yes", followed by the full description of how. He laughs. And that's all that matters.
3. I heavily dislike (read: despise) the word "bespoke". I refuse to use it in my own writing, and while I’ve been writing my book the topic could benefit tremendously from the use of this word many times over, but instead I go to great lengths to find alternatives. When the book comes out, if somehow this word has slipped in there, you must tell me, but then I will probably slit my wrists.
4. I heavily adore (read: completely smitten about) the word "albeit". I use this word all the time and go to great lengths to find sentences to use it in. I suffer if I haven't been able to use it (like right now, believe me, I've tried, albeit feebly. OOH!)
6. This morning, while plucking my right eyebrow, I noticed my first permanent forehead wrinkle. It is a wrinkle formed from always raising that eyebrow in surprise. “Really?” Exactly.
Thanks for the fun Ness, it's been wonderful getting to know you through your blog and your tag. We must indulge in this again sometime! Perhaps over coffee and cake one day. Until then!
PS. I'm convinced everyone is sick of me asking to play tag, so I shall spare innocent victims this time 'round. Unless of course you just happen to have 6 random facts in need of getting out, for your own cleansing process, then yes! please! and let me know in a comment to this post. x